Historic Fernandina Beach property sells for $1.15 million
Nassau Trust LLC closed on Downtown Fernandina Beach’s historic Lesesne House, marking the first time it’s been sold outside family ownership.
The two-story building at 415 Centre St. across from the Historic Nassau County Courthouse was built in 1860.
The property sold for $1.15 million. The home had been on and off the market since 2018.
It was home to a judge, a county commissioner and state senator, and a doctor, Dr. John Lesesne, who treated injured soldiers in the Civil War. Lesesne built the Victorian antebellum-style home from hand-hewn lumber. It is the oldest remaining post-and-beam home on Amelia Island.
The structure remained in the family of its last owner, Judge John Friend, since 1866.
It features large, double galleried porches and original pine flooring throughout the house. It also includes a carriage house behind the main building.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Nassau Trust LLC also owns the Florida House Inn, the Green Turtle Tavern, The Bell House and Down Under Restaurant.
It plans to make improvements and repairs to the structure, and likely will use it for private events.