Home Buying - Expert Checklist
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or someone who has purchased a home before, it can be a complicated process. At Summer House Realty we try and make the process as easy as possible for our clients. Below we have included a quick cheat sheet to help you stay organized and prepare you for what is to come.
- ☐ Figure out your budget. What can you afford to spend on a home?
- ☐ Determine what you can afford for your down payment.
- ☐ Think about your home’s requirements (square footage, schools, location, amenities, etc…)
- ☐ Research the different loan options available.
- ☐ Talk with multiple lenders to see what you qualify for and the rates available for you.
- ☐ Once you are sold on a mortgage that works for you, talk to your Lender and obtain pre-approval.
- ☐ Research Realtors that are familiar with the area, and reach out to them to set up a meeting.
- ☐ Have your Real Estate Agent research homes in your preferred area(s) and have them set up showings for you.
- ☐ Discuss and restrictions or liens with the property.
- ☐ If you are sold on the home make an offer.
- ☐ Your agent will take care of the contract, however make sure they include inspection clauses, contingency clauses, liquidated damages clauses, and any special requests to be included in the purchase agreement.
- ☐ Pay any earnest money with the seller to confirm the contract.
- ☐ Agree upon a move in date.
- ☐ Sign the purchase agreement with the seller.
- ☐ Set up a home inspection.
- ☐ Talk to your insurance provider and get insurance set up on your new home.
- ☐ Pick an escrow agent and title company. Often times your Realtor will have some they can recommend.
- ☐ Review closing documents with your agent.
- ☐ Discuss and review the settlement statement with your agent to see what your closing costs will be.
- ☐ Close on your new home and move in!
Nassau County Chamber of Commerce Medium Business of the Year Award
HGTV Beach Hunters
Amelia Island Nassau County Association of Realtors
HGTV House Hunters
2019 Fernandina Beach Preservation Innovation Award
Georgia Association of Realtors
Northeast Florida Association of Realtors
Nassau County Chamber of Commerce